A Complete Weekend

I should have posted this earlier since I wrote this in the train but meh.

It’s amazing how things just work out so well for me last week. Gotta love life.

It was a good 10 hour trip to Philly but it was nothing compared to what I was about to experience.

Three things that made my weekend complete:
1. Aunty Noami and Family
2. Uncle Hardy and the guys and girls from Temple University
3. Zee Avi!!!

It’s been awhile since I last saw Aunty Noami, like, I was 2 foot tall when I last saw her. It’s nice being able to see her again, and I met Uncle Riu, her husband. Her son Luke was a bit shy, just like Balqis, the only time he played with me was when I was playing with Thomas the Train. I missed playing with small kiddies.

I like Philly, it had a feel- good vibe emanating from it and the weather was just nice when I was there. I roamed around Philly with Uncle Hardy and Chill, which was awesome. It’s a place where every weekend you can actually do something and not worry about transportation. Hanging out with Uncle Hardy, Chill, Nadeen, Ina, Irma and Abyan was really refreshing and I like how they were very similar with my best friends back in Malaysia. One thing I really miss during my stay here is the feeling of just being engulfed with the atmosphere my best friends create. How I wish I can describe how this “atmosphere” is like, it’s the most wonderful thing one could ever have and being without it is very, very depressing and lonesome. To have that void filled again, made me a really, really happy guy. The reason why I was so quiet is because I was so happy to be able to be soaked in that atmosphere again and I was relishing every moment of it. I’m really, really thankful that I met them.

My happy meter was already full when I hung out with Uncle Hardy, Chill, Nadeen, Ina, Irma and Abyan, and being able to watch Zee Avi live again after a long hiatus blew my happy meter off the charts. I thought that I shouldn’t come to the show empty handed (macam visit rumah orang pula) so I thought I should get her a bouquet of flowers. I didn’t want it to be like I’m doing it for show but I guess I can’t change the perception after the placard event. I was torn between roses or a mix of flowers when I couldn’t find Jasmine or Lavender and me being the typical-not-knowing-what-to-choose guy, got the mixed flowers. My reasoning was, it looked colourful, the girl who brightens up people’s day should have her day brighten up as well. Yeah, I know, God that sounded cheesy, but that was exactly what I was thinking, I can’t help it, that’s just who I am.

To listen and see her performing live again was like having an orgasm... okay that’s a tad exaggerating but, it really felt like a calm cool breeze blowing at your face and breathing in fresh mountain air, and exhaling felt like the whole weight of the world was just lifted off from your shoulders each time. Wonderful, no?

Should I tell what happened that night? Nahhh, some things are best kept as memories and shared with good friends. All I can say is that it was a night and a weekend to remember, I really had a great time. It really felt like nothing can go wrong anymore for me since that weekend.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "A Complete Weekend"

  1. A. Osmani says:
    December 6, 2009 at 8:42 PM

    this is a tad late but nice post man :)